Hey music lovers! Who doesn’t love music? I can’t go a day without music! From the days when I would go to the record store and buy my 45’s, I loved the sound of music. It relaxes me and I cannot work without music playing in the background. We all spend money on music in one way or another, but why not make money with music? I want to reveal to you about How to Make Money Selling Music Online.
And there are a huge amount of ways to make money with music. There’s musical instruments, sheet music, selling digital music, downloading music and so much more. Today’s global recorded music market stands at roughly $20-$21 billion according to Forbes.com. It just keeps growing at enormous proportions.
Let your love for music be your guide to building a website and making money with music affiliate links inserted in your articles. Take your passion for music and turn it into a full time income. I will reveal how you can do this for real.
It starts then with a website and affiliate programs and different ways to sell music products online. You can build an entire website around the music products niche. You will never run out of topics to write about and promote. It’s plain and clear that music soothes the soul and makes folks feel good. Music is an evergreen niche that is enormous and won’t disappear any time soon.
Learn the 4 Steps to Learn to Work Online From Home. Follow the Guide Step-by-Step. Includes Training, Support, & All The Required Tools to Get Started Online.
This is a good way to start an online business and branch out into other profitable areas. So are you ready to learn how to do sell music products and make money? Let’s get started, shall we?
- 1 Let’s Begin
- 2 What are People Looking For?
- 3 Google Search Trends
- 4 What is Our Niche?
- 5 What Problem is Being Solved?
- 6 How to Help Your Audience Open Their Wallets
- 7 Ways to Sell Music Online
- 8 Sell your own Music Products
- 9 What You Need to Start Selling Music Products
- 10 Building a Website About Music Products
- 11 Promote Music Products on Social Media
- 12 Start a Music Products YouTube Channel
- 13 Join Music Groups on Social Communities
- 14 In Conclusion
The first thing that we need to do is to determine if there truly is a market for the music industry. I’m sure there is, but let’s find out anyway.
We’re going to search for music on Google and see for sure. There are so many music programs and products that you can promote. So let’s dive right in and explore.
Let’s begin our search:
Anyone can start and blog about anything in the world today.
I will show you how to do this in 4 easy steps.
What are People Looking For?
I’d like to begin by showing you the numbers in the music products niche:
Number of Monthly Searches
The key here is to see if the music products market is viable. We’re going to check three different avenues when it comes to music products. The crucial tool that you need is a keyword tool. I just happen to have the best keyword tool: Jaaxy! All you have to do is type in the keywords that are the best in your niche. Let’s start out with a search of “musical instruments“:
27852 is an awesome number of searches for musical instruments! There’s a lot of other articles you can write for your website about when it comes to music products. So, we know that “musical instruments” itself is a great keyword. Your niche would be music and this article is about “musical instruments.” Perfect. Let’s try another more broad keyword, okay? Let’s try “music“:
Now how is that number for music? 1258519! That’s how many people are searching for “music” and that is exactly the kind of numbers you want! The possibilities here in this niche are endless. Let’s dig down deeper one more time with “download music“:
Excellent numbers again – 60547! Once you start using Jaaxy (the best keyword searcher out there) you will be able to find an excellent choice of keywords in the music products niche that you can rank for.
There is a wide variety of other things you can sell on your website about music. These numbers so far are perfect to rank for and get traffic and sales as well. You can search for sheet music, musicians, listening to music, learning music, and the list is endless.
Google Search Trends
It’s important to know that the feature of your niche selection and online sales and the interest in them is continued consistently. In order to get a better awareness of how searches for the music products related products are trending online, let’s check it out with “musical instruments” first:
Now let’s try “music“:
And finally let’s see what “Learning Music” brings up:
So, it is fairly apparent that there is interest in our niche with musical instruments, music, and learning music and pretty constant over time. It appears that there are an equal number of rises as there are dips in the graph above.
There really doesn’t seem to be any particular time of the year when interest is higher than other times. Since there is nothing showing up that’s out of the ordinary, I see nothing but a positive opportunity for this music products niche!
What is Our Niche?
Now we are at the part of where we can really examine the possibilities of just how many different niches there are in the music industry. Here’s your chance to decide exactly where you’d like to go with your online business dealing in the music niche. Would you like your entire website to be just about music in general or dig deeper down and cover more specific areas of the music niche?
There are so many ways you can go with this. So let me just give you a few ideas that I can think of real fast. You can do whatever you want to do because the music niche is so widespread. Here’s a few examples of what I mean:
- Sheet music
- Music teachers
- Music classes
- Listening to music
- Downloading music
- Musical instruments
- Music concerts
- Purchasing music & downloading
- Music genres – Country, Bluegrass, Rock, Soft Rock, Easy Listening, Classical, Pop, etc.
- Favorite artists
- Music accessories
These are just a short list for you. Trust me, there are many more sub-niches you could choose from. All you need to do here is to help people with information who are actively searching to buy in your particular niche. It’s vital when providing your information that you zero in on exactly what your prospective buyers are looking for.
It’s better to get into the head of the prospective buyer so you provide the correct information at first that is not too widespread. The goal here is to have your buyers trust you in knowing that you are the expert here and that it’s a better choice to purchase from you as opposed to a brick and mortar selling the same product. Adding more content later on may be a better option than writing too much the first time.
So now you know that you must be trying to pinpoint your niche so that it is much more targeted. Think about these questions in your mind:
- Resolve – Can what you’re doing actually help people who are searching to resolve their problems in the first place? People surf the internet to rectify their problems. Can you provide the answers?
- You chose this particular topic. It was your choice because of one of two reasons or both. It is something you love and/or you know a great deal about. Don’t waste your time otherwise. Quality content is king. People will see right through you if you don’t provide content that is sound and logical and solves their problems.
Let’s explore this some more by talking about the problem solving elements of your niche selection.
If you have a particular niche that you’d like to write about, then enter your keywords by clicking HERE to check out what the numbers are about your ideas.
What Problem is Being Solved?
You’ve chosen this particular niche because you’ve got a big interest in it and you may or may not know what you’re attempting to sell to your audience. While there are many products in your niche, you want to present to the readers that each product will help them solve a particular problem that they are having.
Between your strong interest of the product and your knowledge of how that product is a “must have” for the person, (in this case it’s music) then you have a baseline or starting point for your niche.
It’s an excellent idea to think like the buyer looking for the solution to their issue. What would you do? How would you search for a way to solve your problem? So let’s see an example about someone looking to solve a problem in the music niche, okay?
A- An obvious choice would be someone purchasing a musical instrument. They may need guidance in purchasing one and that’s where you come in. It’s up to you to guide them with purchasing whatever musical instrument they are in need of.
B- Here’s another problem/solution for instance: People may be looking more about listening to music of learning how to play a specific instrument. Help guide them in the right direction.
In both cases you want to provide the solution to the individual problem that they are searching for. This is two different articles to write solving two separate problems for your audience.
- Best product solutions – Which are the best instruments around? Provide the answers for them and give them more than one choice.
- How to choose their selection – Music: maybe they are interested in country music, soft rock, or bluegrass. It’s your job to show them how and why the ones you are reviewing are the best products for their music tastes.
So now you have two examples of what people are searching for and what you have to do to help them out. Your article and website are the answers to their problems and that’s what makes sales. Do this the right way and you will have a profitable online business.
Tip of the day: Do not attempt to find and present every possible problem in the very beginning. It isn’t necessary because as time goes on and your site grows, there will be additional problems and you will be able to provide solutions one at a time. Don’t try to do everything at once. Follow the template. Stick with it.
How to Help Your Audience Open Their Wallets
Explain how you write reviews and show features of the product that solves the problem.
Okay, we’re on the road. You’ve chosen your niche or are about to choose. We know it’s a two step process.
1- What the buyer is looking for to solve their problem.
2. We are providing the solution to that problem.
So what else do we want to consider here? How is your specific audience behavior geared toward purchasing online?
The first and foremost thing you must be considering is the specific group of people who are searching for and clicking on your site. For “Music Products,” it’s obviously people who are looking for products for their interest in music and there are a LOT of them. The majority of people enjoy music.
There is a wide variety of products when it comes to the music industry. There are going to be people who are looking for products to help solve their problems and make life easier for their taste in music. Since we’ve already determined that the music niche is a viable one, then you will always have material to write about in solving those problems.
What you are looking to do first and foremost is to help people, right? Once you do that, they will trust you and will more than likely buy products from you. And while the reader is searching for one thing, they will come across more products that will offer that they would be interested in.
When you write a sales page to solve a buyer’s problem, you must be zero-in targeted! Let’s go into specifics:
- How many different music programs are there? It’s important to include all the music programs that you feel are pertinent to the specific music product or products that you are writing about. Make sure you got them all covered.
- Many music enthusiasts know what they want so you better know it too. Be 100% sure that you provide the answers. Don’t let them arrive at your site and then leave because they couldn’t find what they were looking for and what they really needed.
- I’m talking about music products in general right now. But you would get into more detail in a specific music niche category.
So the bottom line is, even though we do have buyer behavior on our side, to be successful in selling music online, you must consider the following:
- Solve people’s problems without them making a purchase – This is actually the right way to do this. Trust me. If you write your articles in such a way that actually will make it a much simpler experience for your reader to do their research, but purchase somewhere else, then you are solving their problems and helping your readers out. This builds trust! Once they trust you, they will be more apt to come back again and then buy from you. But this will happen even more so if you continue to follow up with additional articles or similar products that they would be interested in!
- Selling without touching – It’s obvious that selling online does have one distinct disadvantage. We cannot actually touch, feel, or see an actual product. This makes it crucial for you to cover information about the product to put the buyer’s mind at ease. In order to cover the “intangibles” you must do a flawless job to make up for it.
- Look out into the audience – Gear toward your buyer and not your product. You don’t build a business. You build people and then PEOPLE build the business. Don’t ever forget that. In this case, music is the niche. It’s the person that’s searching for music products that is your most important aspect because they are the business.
Ways to Sell Music Online
So as we continue down this road in our journey, we now have come to just how we will proceed selling the products that we are promoting. There are several procedures on how we can do this and that is dependent on the particular product that you are promoting. So let’s see:
Companies such as Amazon, Target, Walmart, Ebay, etc. and many others are platforms in the marketplace where affiliate programs are offered to anyone who joins and refers traffic to them. You would do this through affiliate links that are customized for that particular company.
You write about music products for your readers and insert links that the reader can click on to purchase from the vendor and you get paid commissions from each sale.
Music products are perfect to sell through affiliate marketing links because you never touch or stock any product. It’s all up to the vendor to handle everything. The customer places their order and the vendor does the rest including sending you your commission.
Searching for and locating affiliate programs is generally not a hard and grueling process task either. To locate them, all that you have to do is type in “music + affiliate programs” into your preferred search engine and for most folks it’s Google:
These are just a few of many affiliate programs for music products related niches that you will find on Google. As you perform each search, you will check every program out and discover programs that:
- Payout adequate commissions.
- They may have products that are high ticket (much better commissions) that you can promote on the side.
- Offer decent testimonials which discuss quality of the product and commission offerings.
- Contain products that are of good quality. It’s important to promote only quality because promoting inferior products will damage your reputation and your brand.
- Offer excellent customer service and a solid payment structure.
- Are in direct relation to the problem you are solving in your niche.
In just about every case, you must apply for the program before you are allowed to promote their products. Do not skip over this! If you don’t apply and fill out the necessary information requested, you can be rejected and will not be able to represent their products to earn commissions on. Affiliate programs will generally ask about:
- The name of your website.
- What your traffic numbers are.
- What is the main reason that you want to join. Be honest because just answering that you “want to join and sell something” isn’t going to cut it.
- What your plan of attack is with promoting their products.
Something that is extremely important is that you must realize that the vendor wants to know why they should put their product in your hands to represent their company. As I said before, you must not promote inferior products. Doing this will bite you in the butt before you even get started.
Make sure that you do your homework first and that it’s a sound product that the customer believes in enough to trust and buy from you. This way it increases the possibility that they will return for repeat and additional purchases.
Websites such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Ebay are the most trusted sites out there so that is where to begin first. Do not try any shortcuts. This is your business you’re going to build. Treat it as such. Remember you are not building the business. You are building the people and the people are building the business.
Here are a few Amazon examples of music products:
Dropshipping is another way to make money with your products and it takes juggling around with your product prices. Price is huge in this particular niche. Dropshipping mirrors affiliate marketing in that you promote others products and you don’t need to stock or hold any physical products.
Affiliate marketing pays you a specific commission according to the actual price that your vendor has set up. The difference is that you are not managing any sales transactions, or have anything to do with the sale once it’s finalized, or perform any customer service. The biggest difference with dropshipping is that your job is to do the following:
- Manage your customer service & all of your sales transactions.
- You can promote your specific product which ever way you think is best. There are many platforms that you can promote with such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, or Shopify just to name a few.
- Ship your final payment and order to the particular wholesaler for packaging and shipping.
- Start a business relationship with a wholesaler.
First of all, your profit is determined by the distinction of the price that you sold your particular product for and the wholesale cost that’s owed to the owner. There is more than one distinct advantage to choose dropshipping instead of affiliate marketing which would be:
- The control of the cost and this results in bigger profit margins.
- Putting items on “sale,” increasing the cost for higher demand items or putting them in group packages,
- The customer list belongs to you. This also enables you to build an effective email list.
The negative side of dropshipping is much of an increased workload by handling any current customer requirements and handling payments as well.
In order to find dropshipping suppliers online, you look for searches such as “dropshipping: music products” into your choice of search engines ( I always choose Google):
Note: These results will most likely be based on what your geographical location is.
Based on your search, you can look through and find programs that:
- Have a good reputation and name. Do your homework and search for what others are saying about them.
- Provide quick shipping service – A distinct disadvantage with dropshipping when you are dealing with vendors is that the customer is yours and not the vendors, so occasionally shipping priorities are not where they ought to be. Be sure shipping times are understandable and acceptable.
- Have fees that are acceptable. A small fee is charged by most dropshipping wholesalers for their dropshipping service. Be sure that it is not too high that it reduces your profit margins.
- Offer only quality products, the same way you do with affiliate marketing. Do not sell inferior products!
- Offer help and have experience. You don’t want inexperience when you go to process your sales.
- Will offer dropshipping services – Not every product supplier will offer dropshipping services. This might mean that you need to organize the shipping yourself after it is delivered to you.
Sell your own Music Products
Maybe you are talented enough to start your own home-based business by making your own music products and there are many promote. Many people have specific talents. These Music Affiliate Programs can give you some good ideas.
You can also choose dropshipping or affiliate marketing. (which is my #1 choice) But with dropshipping you could possibly have a great market if you’re willing to spend money upfront. What you do is actually buy the product from a vendor or a wholesaler, apply your individual label, and then put them up for sale on platforms such as Amazon, Target, Etsy, Walmart,etc.
The negative side of dropshipping is that there are upfront costs because you also must manage your own shipments and orders. So I personally, would go with affiliate marketing.
So, to find the places to acquire your product, simply do a Google search for “supplier + coffee products
- You can sell your products on Shopify
- YouTube is always a great place to visually present to the public what you are selling. link your sales with YouTube advertising.
- Grab a booth at a flea market. Display what you have to offer.
How high can you go? As high as you want to! If you stop and think about the best way to present your own music products, you can be on the road to a very lucrative business. Get business cards made with your website on it. I will now get into that….building a website!
What You Need to Start Selling Music Products
Once we have everything above mapped or planned out, the next step is to choose and setup the media that we intend to use to sell the product. This will include:
Building a Website About Music Products
Affiliate marketing can be a very lucrative step in building your online business. In order to start building your website as an affiliate marketer, supplier, or go into dropshipping, you without a doubt will need a website. Why a website you ask? Websites provide solutions for people’s problems through a website containing videos and blog posts.
This procedure is generally straight forward in that you write posts (for here it would be about different music products), build your website, and then provide links in your posts so that your readers can read and buy from the relevant materials in the links in your posts.
Once we have all of the above sorted, or at the very least a plan in place, we need to choose and setup the media that we intend to use to sell our product. This can include:
When people are very much into their music today, there is a excellent chance that any music lovers are reading Social media and they are reading up and surfing to learn more about different music products. Social Media is so powerful today that it can reach an enormous amount of people and you can target specific segments if you think about it and pick the right social media platforms.
In relation to various music products online, a good platform and wise choice to start with is FaceBook. Here you can talk about your particular items with your targeted audience. You can pinpoint a more targeted audience with specific music products and use videos as well to demonstrate.
There are other platforms to consider are YouTube and Instagram. But if you want to set yourself up as being an expert in your the niche, then YouTube and Instagram are your best choices because they will help represent your niche and yourself rather well.
These platforms are awesome for visualization by using pictures and/or videos showing you demonstrating and talking about different music products and what it entails. Once you begin to get a following with these platforms, you will have notoriety and get traffic to your articles and website to start raking in revenue for your hard work. Time and hard work will tell.
Start a Music Products YouTube Channel
You can start making YouTube videos showing people all about how beneficial music products are for you. After all, there are a ton of music lovers around the globe.
Social groups are another great way to use as a tool for selling products online. This is an awesome place to find out what problems the members may be having, which products they might be on search of and what products and info they are seeking. Below is an example of music related FaceBook groups:
Note: Because these particular results are most likely based on your geographical location, you may sometimes need to sort through a few pages.
At this point you should be following the identical processes as with affiliate and dropshipping programs so that you can make a decision to determine if they are a good fit for your business plans including:
- Having a sound delivery and and customer service arrangements.
- Presenting adequate quality of your product and testimonials that cover your niche.
- A good relationship to the problems in your niche that you are solving for people.
In addition, you could check out swap meets or flea markets out in your area. These are excellent ways to find and buy your products at decent prices. The fact is that you never can tell, it’s possible that you could even find a solid supplier for sales in the future.
Tip: This technique can be extremely effective in driving online sales and traffic by using the application of more sales methods that are conventional such as and market stalls kiosks etc. Once people get to know you, they will purchase from you there and at that point you can point them toward your website for any future sales.
Please Note: Many groups won’t allow you to promote your sites directly or speak in public. There are ways to communicate with people about your knowledge with your particular niche. This way more likely than not will people will ask you for information directly. So you can at least get something from this by picking up new ways and ideas. You would also be getting feedback from people about their interests and what they may be currently purchasing online.
So that is How to Make Money Selling Music Online. My goal was to help you as much as I could in understanding how you can make money online with starting a music products business. If you need any further help or have any questions, please comment below.
This is an awesome opportunity and you can be trained for and guided through the 4 step process.
The best affiliate marketing program in the world is just one click away. It provides the most comprehensive training with easy step by step training. The support is second to none and help is available 24/7. You can have access to the absolute best and smartest people who will help you in the Wealthy Affiliate Program. And the best thing is? You can join for free with no credit card required. I almost passed this up and now I am so glad that I didn’t! Get started and enjoy!
Learn the 4 Steps to Learn to Work Online From Home. Follow the Guide Step-by-Step. Includes Training, Support, & All The Required Tools to Get Started Online.