People spend money on everything in their lives. After all, what doesn’t cost money? So you’re spending money on your dog or dogs every month. Wouldn’t be nice to make money instead of just spending it? Of course it would. When you think about it, you’re an expert when it comes to your dog and the accessories that you buy for him or her.
The fact is that there are 48,255,413 households that own a dog or two. That’s a huge statistic. You can make money selling a TON of accessories. The dog niche is an evergreen niche which means that it will always be around.
I don’t own a dog personally, but my sister does and she is a huge dog lover! She sparked the idea of why not sell dog accessories because she spends money all the time on her dogs.
Learn the 4 Steps to Learn to Work Online From Home. Follow the Guide Step-by-Step. Includes Training, Support, & All The Required Tools to Get Started Online.
This is a good way to start an online business and branch out into other profitable areas. So who is ready to learn how to do sell dog accessories and put some money in your pocket? Okay, I see that you have your hand raised. Let’s get started, shall we?
As I just mentioned, since the fact is that there are almost 50,000,000 million dog owners that it’s safe to conclude that the dog accessory niche is a viable one. The market is huge when it comes to anything that has to do with dogs.
So let’s find out just how to go about this whole thing about selling dog accessories to make money. Since people love and want their dogs as pets, they must be searching for accessories all the time and I will show you below. So let’s begin our search:
Anyone can start and blog about anything in the world today.
I will show you how to do this in 4 easy steps.
What are People Looking For?
I’d like to begin by showing you the numbers in the dog market:
Number of Monthly Searches
The key here is to see if the dog accessories market is viable. We’re going to check three different avenues when it comes to dog accessories. The crucial tool that you need is a keyword tool. I just happen to have the best keyword tool: Jaaxy! All you have to do is type in the keywords that are the best in your niche. Let’s start out with a broad search:
3116 is an awesome number of searches for dog accessories! There’s a lot of other articles you can write for your website about dogs. So, we know that “dog accessories” itself is an excellent keyword. Your niche would be dogs and this article is about “how to make money selling dog accessories.” Perfect. Let’s dig a bit deeper,okay?
Excellent numbers again -9739! Once you start using Jaaxy (the best keyword searcher out there) you will be able to find an excellent choice of keywords in the dog niche that you can rank for.
There is a wide variety of other things you can sell on your website about dogs. These numbers so far are perfect to rank for and get traffic and sales as well. You can search for dog trainers, dog beds, GPS tracker, pet wash, bath towel, and so much more.
I’m confident from the numbers that you would also rank for dog supplies and other keywords that you will try on your website. The possibilities here in this niche are endless. Let’s dig down deeper one more time:
Now how is that number for puppy toys? 3259! That’s how many people are searching for “puppy toys and that is exactly what you want my friend.
Google Search Trends
It’s important to know that the feature of your niche selection and online sales and the interest in them is continued consistently. In order to get a better awareness of how searches for the dog related products are trending online, let’s check it out:
What is Our Niche?
Now we are at the part of where we can really examine the possibilities of just how many different niches there are in the dog industry. Here’s your chance to decide exactly where you’d like to go with your online business dealing in the dog niche. Would you like your entire website to be just about dogs in general or dig deeper down and cover more specific areas of the dog niche?
There are so many ways you can go with this. So let me just give you a few ideas that I can think of real fast. You can do whatever you want to do because the dog niche is so widespread. Here’s a few examples of what I’m talking about:
- Rescue dogs
- Designer dog collars
- Leash training
These are just a short list for you. Trust me, there are many more sub-niches you could choose from. All you need to do here is to help people with information who are actively searching to buy in your particular niche. It’s vital when providing your information that you zero in on exactly what your prospective buyers are looking for.
It’s better to get into the head of the prospective buyer so you provide the correct information at first that is not too widespread. The goal here is to have your buyers trust you in knowing that you are the expert here and that it’s a better choice to purchase from you as opposed to a brick and mortar selling the same product. Adding more content later on may be a better option than writing too much the first time.
So now you know that you must be trying to pinpoint your niche so that it is much more targeted. Think about these questions in your mind:
- Resolve – Can what you’re doing actually help people who are searching to resolve their problems in the first place? People surf the internet to rectify their problems. Can you provide the answers?
- You chose this particular topic. It was your choice because of one of two reasons or both. It is something you love and/or you know a great deal about. Don’t waste your time otherwise. Quality content is king. People will see right through you if you don’t provide content that is sound and logical and solves their problems.
Let’s explore this some more by talking about the problem solving elements of your niche selection.
If you have a particular niche that you’d like to write about, then enter your keywords below to check out what the numbers are about your ideas:
What Problem is Being Solved?
You’ve chosen this particular niche because you’ve got a big interest in it and you may or may not know what you’re attempting to sell to your audience. While there are many products in your niche, you want to present to the readers that each product will help them solve a particular problem that they are having. Between your strong interest of the product and your knowledge of how that product is a “must have” for the person, then you have a baseline or starting point for your niche.
It’s an excellent idea to think like the buyer looking for the solution to their issue. What would you do? How would you search for a way to solve your problem? So let’s see an example about someone looking to solve a problem in the dog accessory niche, okay?
A- You need a new leash for Fido. The old one just isn’t cutting it anymore. So where would you look? You may have an article about “the best dog leashes.”
B- Here’s a problem/solution for instance: Your dog needs a dog house and you want to know where to get one or have it built. This is another article for how to sell accessories (in this case a dog house) where you can provide the answers to their problem.
In both cases you want to provide the solution to the individual problem that they are searching for. This is two different articles to write solving two separate problems for your audience.
- Best product solutions – Which are the best products as far as dog leashes go? Provide the answers for them and give them more than one choice.
- How to choose their selection – Dog leashes – there are countless dog leashes. It’s your job to show them how and why the ones you are reviewing are the best products for them.
So now you have two examples of what people are searching for and what you have to do to help them out. Your article and website is the answers to their problems and that’s what makes sales. Do this the right way and you will have a profitable online business.
Tip of the day: Do not attempt to find and present every possible problem in the very beginning. It isn’t necessary because as time goes on and your site grows, there will be additional problems and you will be able to provide solutions one at a time. Follow the template.
How to Help Your Audience Take Out Their Credit Card
Okay, we’re on the road. You’ve chosen your niche or are about to choose. We know it’s a two step process.
1- What the buyer is looking for to solve their problem.
2. We are providing the solution to that problem.
So what else do we want to consider here? How is your specific audience behavior geared toward purchasing online?
The first and foremost thing you must be considering is the specific group of people who are searching for and clicking on your site. For “dog accessories,” it’s obviously dog lovers, correct? This is all about dog lovers and owners who want and need specific products for their beloved pets.
Dogs require more than just dog food and a place to live. Sometimes they can be as hard as kids and babies to “raise.” As I listed before, the list is endless when it comes to dog accessories. What you want to do is to provide that “Ah Ha!” moment. Sometimes dog owners are searching for one thing and they may come across additional items that you provide and they may purchase those as well.
When you write a sales page to solve a buyer’s problem, you must be zero-in targeted! Let’s go into specifics:
- How many different kinds of dog leashes are there? Straps? Retractable? Which are they looking for? Make sure you got them all covered.
- Dog owners know what they want so you better know it too. Be 100% sure that you provide the answers. Don’t let them arrive at your site and then leave because they couldn’t find what they were looking for and needed.
- I’m just talking about dog leashes right now in particular. But this goes with everything about every dog accessory product.
So the bottom line is, even though we do have buyer behavior on our side, to be successful in selling dog related products online, you must consider the following:
- Solve people’s problems without them making a purchase – This is actually the right way to do this. Trust me. If you write your articles in such a way that actually will make it a much simpler experience for your reader to do their research but purchase somewhere else, then you are solving their problems and helping your readers out. This builds trust! Once they trust you, they will be more apt to come back again and then buy from you. But this will happen even more so if you continue to follow up with additional articles or similar accessories or products that they would be interested in!
- Selling without touching – It’s obvious that selling online does have one distinct disadvantage. We cannot actually touch, feel, or see an actual product. This makes it crucial for you to cover information about the product to put the buyer’s mind at ease. In order to cover the “intangibles” you must do a flawless job to make up for it.
- Look out into the audience – Gear toward your buyer and not your product. You don’t build a business. You build people and then PEOPLE build the business. Don’t ever forget that. In this case, dog leashes is the product. It’s the person that’s searching for that particular dog leash that is your most important aspect because they are the business.
Ways to Sell Dog Accessories Online
So as we drive down this road in our expedition, we now have arrived to just how we will proceed selling the products that we are promoting. There are several procedures on how we can do this and that is dependent on the particular product that you are promoting. So let’s see:
Companies such as Amazon, Target, Walmart, Ebay, etc. and many others are platforms in the marketplace where affiliate programs are offered to anyone who joins and refers traffic to them. You would do this through affiliate links that are customized for that particular company.
You write about dog accessories for your readers and insert links that the reader can click on to purchase from the vendor and you get paid commissions from each sale.
Dog accessories and such dog products are perfect to sell through affiliate marketing links because you never touch or stock any product. It’s all up to the vendor to handle everything. The customer places their order and the vendor does the rest including sending you your commission.
Searching for and locating affiliate programs is generally not a hard and grueling process task either. To locate them, all that you have to do is type in “Affiliate + dog accessories” into your preferred search engine and for most folks it’s Google:
- Payout adequate commissions.
- They may have products that are high ticket (much better commissions) that you can promote on the side.
- Offer decent testimonials which discuss quality of the product and commission offerings.
- Contain products that are of good quality. It’s important to promote only quality because promoting inferior products will damage your reputation and your brand.
- Offer excellent customer service and a solid payment structure.
- Are in direct relation to the problem you are solving in your niche.
In just about every case, you must apply for the program before you are allowed to promote their products. Do not skip over this! If you don’t apply, fill out the necessary information requested, you can be rejected and will not be able to represent their products to earn commissions on. Affiliate programs will generally ask about:
- The name of your website.
- What your traffic numbers are.
- What is the main reason that you want to join. Be honest because just answering that you “want to join and sell something” isn’t going to cut it.
- What your plan of attack is with promoting their products.
Something that is extremely important is that you must realize that the vendor wants to know why they should put their product in your hands to represent their company. You must not promote inferior products. Doing this will bite you in the butt before or after you get started.
Make sure that you do your homework first and that it’s a sound product that the customer believes in enough to trust and buy from you. This way it increases the possibility that they will return for repeat and additional purchases.
Websites such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Ebay are the most trusted sites out there so that is where to begin first. Do not try any shortcuts. This is your business you’re going to build. Treat it as such. Remember you are not building the business. You are building the people and the people are building the business.
Here are a few Amazon examples of dog accessories:
Dropshipping is another way to make money with your products and it takes juggling around with your product prices. Price is huge in this particular niche. Dropshipping mirrors affiliate marketing in that you promote others products and you don’t need to stock or hold any physical products.
Affiliate marketing pays you a specific commission according to the actual price that your vendor has set up. The difference is that you are not managing any sales transactions, or have anything to do with the sale once it’s finalized, or perform any customer service. The biggest difference with dropshipping is that your job is to do the following:
- Manage your customer service & all of your sales transactions.
- You can promote your specific product which ever way you think is best. There are many platforms that you can promote with such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, or Shopify just to name a few.
- Ship your final payment and order to the particular wholesaler for packaging and shipping.
- Start a business relationship with a wholesaler.
First of all, your profit is determined by the distinction of the price that you sold your particular product for and the wholesale cost that’s owed to the owner. There is more than one distinct advantage to choose dropshipping instead of affiliate marketing which would be:
- The control of the cost and this results in bigger profit margins.
- Putting items on “sale,” increasing the cost for higher demand items or putting them in group packages,
- The customer list belongs to you. This also enables you to build an effective email list.
The negative side of dropshipping is much of an increased workload by handling any current customer requirements and handling payments as well.
In order to find dropshipping suppliers online, you look for searches such as “dropshipping: dog accessories” into your choice of search engines ( I always choose Google):
Note: These results will most likely be based on what your geographical location is.
Based on your search, you can look through and find programs that:
- Have a good reputation and name. Do your homework and search for what others are saying about them.
- Provide quick shipping service – A distinct disadvantage with dropshipping when you are dealing with vendors is that the customer is yours and not the vendors, so occasionally shipping priorities are not where they ought to be. Be sure shipping times are understandable and acceptable.
- Have fees that are acceptable. A small fee is charged by most dropshipping wholesalers for their dropshipping service. Be sure that it is not too high that it reduces your profit margins.
- Offer only quality products, the same way you do with affiliate marketing. Do not sell inferior products!
- Offer help and have experience. You don’t want inexperience when you go to process your sales.
- Will offer dropshipping services – Not every product supplier will offer dropshipping services. This might mean that you need to organize the shipping yourself after it is delivered to you.
Sell your own Dog Accessories
This process is especially popular with those selling smaller equipment (puppy toys, etc.) or could be a potentially great market if you wanted to cover all dog and puppy products etc. Here you actually purchase your product from a wholesaler or vendor, put your own label on and then on-sell them on your website or platforms such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.
The downside of this process is that requires a much higher setup costs because you need to purchase your own products, create and affix your labels, manage your orders and shipments. Some wholesalers and vendors however, will affix the labels that you send them and then they take care of the packaging and shipments for you. (for more see dropshipping above). In the long run, this will actually cost you less to set up, but you still will make less on the sale than you would have once they take their processing fee.
So, to find the places to acquire your product, simply do a Google search for “supplier: dog accessories”:
Note: Because these particular results are most likely based on your geographical location, you may sometimes need to sort through a few pages.
At this point you should be following the identical processes as with affiliate and dropshipping programs so that you can make a decision to determine if they are a good fit for your business plans including:
- Having a sound delivery and and customer service arrangements.
- Presenting adequate quality of your product and testimonials that cover your niche.
- A good relationship to the problems in your niche that you are solving for people.
In addition, make sure to check out carnivals and flea markets out in your area. These are excellent ways to find and buy your products at decent prices. The fact is that you never can tell, it’s possible that you could even find a solid supplier for sales in the future.
Tip: This technique can be extremely effective in driving online sales and traffic by using the application of more sales methods that are conventional such as and market stalls kiosks etc. Once people get to know you, they will purchase from you there and at that point you can point them toward your website for any future sales.
Other Potential Methods of Selling Dog Accessories
- You can sell your products on Shopify
- YouTube is always a great place to visually present to the public what you are selling. link your sales with YouTube advertising.
- Grab a booth at a dog show or flea market. Display what you have to offer.
How high can you go? As high as you want to! If you stop and think about the best way to present your dog accessories business, you can be on the road to a very lucrative business. Get business cards made with your website on it. I will now get into that….building a website!
What You Need to Start Selling Dog Accessories
Once we have everything above mapped or planned out, the next step is to choose and setup the media that we intend to use to sell the product. This will include:
Building a Website on Dog Accessories
Affiliate marketing can be a very lucrative step in building your online business. In order to start building your website as an affiliate marketer, supplier, or go into dropshipping, you without a doubt will need a website. Why a website you ask? Websites provide solutions for people’s problems through a website containing videos and blog posts.
This procedure is generally straight forward in that you write posts (for here it would be about different dog accessories), build your website, and then provide links in your posts so that your readers can read and buy from the relevant materials in the links in your posts.
Once we have all of the above sorted, or at the very least a plan in place, we need to choose and setup the media that we intend to use to sell our product. This can include:
When people think about their dogs, there is a excellent chance that most dog lovers are reading Social media and they are petting and playing with their dogs. Social Media is so powerful today that it can reach an enormous amount of people and you can target specific segments if you think about it and pick the right social media platforms.
In relation to dog accessory products online, a good platform and wise choice to start with is FaceBook. Here you can talk about your particular items with your targeted audience. You can pinpoint a more targeted audience with accessories for your dog and use videos as well to demonstrate.
There are however, other platforms to consider are YouTube and Instagram. However, if you are looking to set yourself up as an expert within the niche, then Instagram and YouTube will be your absolute best friend because they will help represent you and your niche rather well.
These platforms are awesome for visualization by using pictures and/or videos showing you demonstrating and talking about dogs and the accessories which are very useful in raising and playing with your dog. Once you begin to get a following with these platforms, you will have notoriety and get traffic to your articles and website to start raking in revenue for your hard work. Time and hard work will tell.
Start a Dog Accessories YouTube Channel
You can start making YouTube videos showing your dog playing with the accessories that you bought for him/her.
Social groups are another great way to use as a tool for selling products online. This is an awesome place to find out what problems the members may be having, which products they might be on search of and what products and info they are seeking. Below is an example of dog related FaceBook groups:
Please Note: Many groups won’t allow you to promote your sites directly or speak in public. There are ways to communicate with people about your knowledge with your particular niche. This way more likely than not will people will ask you for information directly. So you can at least get something from this by picking up new ways and ideas. You would also be getting feedback from people about their interests and what they may be currently purchasing online.
So that is How to Make Money Selling Dog Accessories Online. My goal was to help you as much as I could in understanding how you can make money online with starting a business. If you need any further help or have any questions, please comment below.
This is an awesome opportunity and you can be trained for and guided through the 4 step process.
The best affiliate marketing program in the world is just one click away. It provides the most comprehensive training with easy step by step training. The support is second to none and help is available 24/7. You can have access to the absolute best and smartest people who will help you in the Wealthy Affiliate Program. And the best thing is? You can join for free with no credit card required. I almost passed this up and now I am so glad that I didn’t!
Learn the 4 Steps to Learn to Work Online From Home. Follow the Guide Step-by-Step. Includes Training, Support, & All The Required Tools to Get Started Online.